Microsoft Dynamics Forums Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Microsoft Dynamics SL (Solomon) > SL - Installation and Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Upgrading from Sol 5.5 to 6.5

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 501Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Upgrading from Sol 5.5 to 6.5
    Posted: February 15 2007 at 1:25pm
I am trying to upgrade from 5.5 to 6.5 and I ran into some problems on my test database.
First I am new to Solomon and it is my understanding Solomon no longer supports 5.5 so I am forced to upgrade.

Sol 5.5 is on a 2000 server running SQL 2000. Sol 6.5 is on a 2003 server running SQL 2005.

I have installed a clean version of Sol 6.5 on my 2003 server per the instructions.  Again per the instructions regarding upgrading I selected the update scenario 5.x to 6.5.

After it ran I received the following message from DBBuild.log file.

Error Code: 8152

Error Text: [Mircosoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]String or binary data would be truncated.
[Mircosoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] The statement has been terminated.
Statement: IF EXISTS(SELECT * FROM dbo.Custom2) EXEC('INSERT INTO dbo.Tmp.Custom2(Description, EntityId, RecordIndex, ScreenID, Sequence, PropData)
SELECT Description, EntityId, RecordIndex, ScreenID, Sequence, PropData from dbo.Custom2 TABLOCKX')

I read one of the threads and it suggested removing any customization you might have.  Is this what Custom2 table represents?  If so, I do I remove the customizations.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links

501Blues View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 501Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2007 at 7:47pm

Well I think I figured it out.  I copied all the data out of Custom2 table then deleted the data out of the table.  Ran the upgrade and all went as it should.

jhunter77082 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhunter77082 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2007 at 11:11am
You would be bettor off EXPORTING your customizations out of SOLOMON, deleting them (via sql), doing the upgrade, and then re-importing them (if you still need them).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic