Microsoft Dynamics Forums Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Microsoft Dynamics SL (Solomon) > SL - Installation and Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Password table in Solomon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BonYuyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Password table in Solomon
    Posted: August 27 2007 at 10:32am
I'm trying to learn about solomon application for an audit revision, and I
can't find the password table in solomon database (MSSQL). Someone know the name of this table and the type of hash that use it??? Solomon application authenticate throw the database.
Sponsored Links

Rohtash Kapoor View Drop Down
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Moderator
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rohtash Kapoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2007 at 10:53am
I can answer part of your question:

Table: UserRec
BonYuyo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BonYuyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2007 at 1:20pm
Thanks a lot Smile, now I just need to discover the kind of hash is using, because I didn't recognize it.
Paulcasso View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulcasso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2007 at 6:34am

password is encrypted, but why does all user encrypted password looks same???????Question

jhunter77082 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhunter77082 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2008 at 11:26am
It depends on the version of SL that you are using which fields are involved.  MBS added some additional security functions to SL to prevent exactly what you are attempting to do.

The only (correct) way to modify a password in SL is via the User Maintenace screen (if you are using 6.x of below).  SL 7.x uses a different scenario.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic