Microsoft Dynamics Job Openings

Microsoft Dynamics Forums Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Microsoft Dynamics SL (Solomon) > SL - Installation and Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Solomon 5.5 question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClaytonS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Solomon 5.5 question
    Posted: February 15 2006 at 2:17pm

Getting the dreaded "System message 7009" after moving our server to a new location (hense IP range). Now get the error.

Seen the fix provided by Rotash @ http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.solomon/brow se_thread/thread/be13c0b0f67e12d9/cf9f9f558afbb8cd?q=&rn um=12#cf9f9f558afbb8cd

I am a newbie on this. How do I create the script and run it. The database is called avisystem

Thanks for all the hard work you guys do.

Clayton S.

Sponsored Links

Rohtash Kapoor View Drop Down
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rohtash Kapoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2006 at 2:34pm

Hi Clayston

As long as your server name and SQL Server instance name is same you should be able to access Solomon? Just changing the IP address of the server shouldn't make any difference.

(1) Are you sure Server name is still same?
(2) Are you sure your SQL Server instance name is same?
(3) How were you connecting to SQL Server from Solomon  - thru static IP ?

Rohtash Kapoor.

ClaytonS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClaytonS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2006 at 2:43pm

When first starting up it gives error

System Message 5003.

Unable to open the specified server database 192.168.100.4 AVISYSTEM (1004)

We also joined it to a domain, but I can remove that easily enough.

Clayton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rohtash Kapoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2006 at 2:59pm

That means your  server name (hostname) is changed. Can you access your SQL Server directly? Can you see the database and tables using Enterprise Manager or Query Analyzer?

ClaytonS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClaytonS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2006 at 3:08pm

I ran EM and did a backup of the database without a problem.

I did not check the tables to see if I could see the data in them, but I seen them there if that makes since.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rohtash Kapoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2006 at 3:20pm

(1) Right-Click on My Computer and then click on Properties. What it says under Full Computer Name.

(2) Also, in your Solomon system database, check the domain table and see what's the value in ServerName?

(3) In SQL Server service manager, what's the name of SQL Server?

(4) When you try to login to Solomon, what is the SQL Server name you select? (Click on System DAtabase button in the Login window to findout the servername)

ClaytonS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClaytonS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 8:01am

1. I changed it back to what it was before. dalsvrc.allied.net

2. I do not see a value for this table. where else can I see it at?

3. dalsvrc

4. Choose dalsvrc (only one possible)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rohtash Kapoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 9:30am

In the Query Analyzer select your Solomon System Database, and run the following T-SQL statement:

SELECT Databasename, Description, ServerName
FROM Domain

Post the output here.

ClaytonS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClaytonS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 10:20am
out as follows:

Databasename,Description,ServerName
         &nbs p;         &nbs p;          ,M ASTER Login Password         ,1 0.0.1.200        &nb sp;         &nb sp;
         &nbs p;         &nbs p;          ,M ASTER Login Password         ,1 92.168.100.4                 
AVI         & nbsp;         & nbsp;       ,  &nbs p;         &nbs p;         &nbs p;       ,192.168.100.4                  
         &nbs p;         &nbs p;          ,M ASTER Login Password         ,D ALSVRC                        

(4 row(s) affected)

ClaytonS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClaytonS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 10:25am
ok, that did not look as good as it could have. looking at this because I changed the IP address it's broken?

Again, thanks for your hard work at teaching a newbie.

Clayton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rohtash Kapoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 10:36am

Can you type the output in the forum, instead of copy/paste.  These are just a few records with 3 columns - you can just type here.

Originally posted by ClaytonS ClaytonS wrote:

out as follows:

&n bs p;          &n bs p;          ,M ASTER Login Password         ,1 0.0.1.200        &am p;nb sp;         &am p;nb sp;
         &n bs p;          &n bs p;          ,M ASTER Login Password         ,1 92.168.100.4                 
AVI         &am p; nbsp;         & amp; nbsp;       ,  &nbs p;          &n bs p;          &n bs p;       ,192.168.100.4                  
         &n bs p;          &n bs p;          ,M ASTER Login Password         ,D ALSVRC                        

(4 row(s) affected)

ClaytonS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClaytonS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 10:44am
            ,MASTER Login Password  ,10.0.1.200
            ,MASTER Login password  ,192.168.100.4
AVI       ,                                   ,192.168.100.4
            ,MASTER Login Password  ,DALSVRC
(4 row(s) affected)

END output

The 192.168.100.4 is the old IP that it was using. It was changed to 10.0.1.200 when it was placed on the new network.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rohtash Kapoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 10:49am
So is it working now?
ClaytonS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClaytonS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 10:59am
no, it is still giving the same error.

It is doing exactly as it was before. It will look on the old IP address, says it can't find it. then i can select the server name (only one in the list) and the database (avisystems) and get the login screen. then i log in and it gives me the system message 7009.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rohtash Kapoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 11:07am

Open Database Maintenance (98.290.00) and enter your SQL Server name, enter sa password, hit connect. After connecting, go to Update Database Tab and select your system database, and hit Update View. Then try to login to Solomon.

ClaytonS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClaytonS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 11:15am
sorry about this, but how/where do I open Database Maintenance? i looked in Enterprise Manager and can see an option for maintenance plan, but that is all.

i check admin tools, SQL Server, and Solomon. I do not see this as an app.

Clayton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rohtash Kapoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 11:19am

You should find it somewhere in the Start Menu:

For example:

Start-->Program Files-->Microsoft Business Solutions-->Database Maintenance

ClaytonS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClaytonS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 11:30am
ok, got there, but update View is grayed out. I have several seclections on the right, but none of them give me the option. 
ClaytonS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClaytonS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 11:36am
ok, under the header that says databases, it  is empty. i guess this is the reason?

I was able to connect to the server fine.

AVISYSTEM is the only choice I have as well.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rohtash Kapoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 11:36am

When you select the Solomon System Database from the list-box, do you see your Solomon Application database name in the listbox below?

ClaytonS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClaytonS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 11:51am
no, I just have a few choices to the right under 'update scenarios'...We are looking as they made a tape backup before it was sent out. I am not sure what happend to it or where it could have went.

'Update Scenarios'
4.1x/4.2x/4.5x/5.x to 5.5 sp1
Execute Master Indexes, Views, and stored procedures
Execute Master Views and Stored procedures
prepare SQL 7 database for running with sql server 2000

For Systems I can choose AVISYSTEM or DemoSelectSystem.

When I choose Demoselect I have a database option of Demoselectapp51

When i choose AVISYSTEM, i have nothing.

I do not have much hope in the backup as if they did not shut down SQl, it did not backup the files needed.

Clayton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rohtash Kapoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 12:04pm

1. Close Database Maintenance Program.

2. In the domain table for the record where it says that servername is DALSVRC ( I think your fourth record), in the DatabaseName column enter the name of your Solomon Application database (I think it is AVI).

3. Now open Database Maintenance program. Now when you select the systemdatabase, do you see your application db?

ClaytonS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClaytonS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 12:23pm

Ok, made the change and still is not working.

Now interesting is the 3rd line. the database name is AVI. do i need to change those IP's to the new one?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rohtash Kapoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 12:31pm

Yes change the IP. This however, will have no effect in your current scenario.

"..

3. Now open Database Maintenance program. Now when you select the systemdatabase, do you see your application db?

"

ClaytonS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClaytonS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 12:52pm
hmm...changed the AVI servername to DALSVRC and now I have a database...yahoo!

Did the update view.

tried to get in, gave me same error about how it is looking on the old IP.

Changed to server/database, go the login...seems to work now.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic