Microsoft Dynamics Job Openings

Microsoft Dynamics Forums Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) > GP - Installation and Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Automated Install of GP/Dynamics 10.0?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rchisolm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Automated Install of GP/Dynamics 10.0?
    Posted: July 25 2008 at 6:59am
I'm seeing that there's a lot of command line options for installing other versions or pieces of the MS Dynamics application (AX, etc).  Are there command lines for installing Dynamics 10.0 as well?  If so they're undocumented, but given the look and feel of the install, there should be a way to pass parameters to it...tell it which pieces you want installed, etc.

Help???

Sponsored Links

kdezort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kdezort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2008 at 10:43am
This is the only command line that I have seen. 

msiexec /i "C:\path\bin\GreatPlains.msi" SQL_SERVER_NAME="server that is running Microsoft SQL Server" INSTALLDIR="installdirpath" SELECTED_COUNTRY="country" TRANSFORMS=:Inst0instance;c:\skipdotnetcheck.mst INSTANCE_NAME="instancename" MSINEWINSTANCE=1 /qb+

The second part of this is to run a file that skips checking for the .net framework 2.0 if you have SP1 installed.

Mpaulen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mpaulen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2008 at 6:50am
Along with that command from above, you can use the "ADDLOCAL" command to install certain modules from GP.  I found a list of codes for each module and they seem to be valid (at least the several I have tried).

A4 - A4
AA - Analytical Accounting
BM - Bank Management
CPR - Canadian Payroll
CM - Collections Management
DDR - Direct Debit Refunds
PMEFT - EFT for Payables Management
RMEFT - EFT for Receivables Management
EREC - Electronic Bank Reconcile
EM - Encumbrance Management
EI - Enhanced Intrastat
EXTENDER - Extender
FAM - Fixed Asset management
GP - GP
GM - Grant Management
HRM - Human Resources
MFG - Manufacturing
MLCHECKS - Multilingual Checks
PDM - Payment Document Management
PA - Project Accounting
RED - Revenue/Expense Deferrals
SP - Safe Pay
SI - Scheduled Instalments
SLB - SmartList Builder

For instance, if you wanted to install Fixed Assets, Safe Pay, and Smartlist Builder you would put "ADDLOCAL=FAM,SP,SLB"
rchisolm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rchisolm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2008 at 7:28am
Between those 2 posts I think that is exactly what I was looking for.  I will give it all a try asap....thanks for your help!
rchisolm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rchisolm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2008 at 9:17am
Oh, one other question...

How do you actually make a transform for this?  Every time I try to run the MSI without a switch it tells me that 'This installation does not have a native user interface'.

Is there a way to build a transform with a switch from the Setup.exe?  I've seen this with a few other products...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic