Microsoft Dynamics Job Openings

Microsoft Dynamics Forums Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) > GP - Installation and Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to reset sa password (GP 8.00g34)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeffwsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to reset sa password (GP 8.00g34)
    Posted: December 07 2009 at 5:18pm
I need to get sa access to a GP 8.00g34 environment. I am the sole person remaining from a company that went under (recession) and I need to output some reports as a part of closure.

I do not have access to the person that had the sa password.

Can anyone tell me if there is a method of resetting the sa password? My normal duties did not need me to have access to the financial modules for running trial balances, etc.

I have full admin access to the Win2003 environment the server is on.

Can anyone offer suggestions?

I am a registered GP owner/user and this is my machine and my data. In the chaos of closing down I never thought to ask for the sa password from the person that had it.

Any help is appreciated!
Sponsored Links

Rohtash Kapoor View Drop Down
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Moderator
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rohtash Kapoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2009 at 7:53pm

"sa"  is SQL Server user (system administrator).

Login to machine running SQL Server as local administrator or as an account who is member of Administrators Group. I am assuming you have SQL Server 2000. Start SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Manager. Under Security -- right click "sa" and reset the password.
qingshanlvshui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qingshanlvshui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2011 at 4:05am
If you want to reset sa password, i suggest you can do it with the help of the third party.
my boyfriend experienced the same situation last month, he tried SQL Password Recovery. He said it is useful and easy-to-operate.
duocai duoyi
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic