Microsoft Dynamics Job Openings

Microsoft Dynamics Forums Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) > GP - Installation and Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Error while running GP Utilities

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote student_pooh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Error while running GP Utilities
    Posted: September 01 2010 at 12:20pm
I get the following error message when I run GP Utilities for the first time:
"There was a problem ascertaining product version information. Microsoft Dynamics GP Utilities will now exit. Please check the duinstall.log file for more information."
Sponsored Links

student_pooh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote student_pooh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2010 at 12:21pm

I get the following error message when I run GP Utilities for the first time:

"There was a problem ascertaining product version information. Microsoft Dynamics GP Utilities will now exit. Please check the duinstall.log file for more information."

Kindly suggest me what should I do? Any help will be appreciated.
Rohtash Kapoor View Drop Down
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rohtash Kapoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2010 at 8:27pm
Make sure your ODBC is pointing to correct Server/DB.  Have you  checked  duinstall.log ?
jltardiff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jltardiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2010 at 8:46am
John T
daoudm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daoudm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2010 at 2:01am
Take a look to my blog post below, it might help:

Regards,
Mohammad R. Daoud [MVP]
+962 - 79 - 999 65 85
mohdaoud@gmail.com
http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com
MISLuke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MISLuke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2012 at 2:39pm
okay i clicked on the links in the posts above and they dont seem to lead me anywhere but some windows live id site and another place that no longer exists.  is there a big reign on keeping this particular issue a secret?  i been trying to install Dynamics on new computers running windows XP but this is where I get stuck and I cannot find an answer from here. 
New MIS tech
Rohtash Kapoor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rohtash Kapoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2012 at 8:17pm

Here is the link:

Error message when you access Microsoft Dynamics GP Utilities: "There was a problem ascertaining product version information. Microsoft Dynamics GP Utilities will now exit. Check DUinstall.log for more information"

Karya Technologies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karya Technologies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2013 at 12:27am
This problem occurs because a sub-feature process cannot be able to update to microsoft dynamics GP. To clear this issue open the Data subfolder in the Microsoft Dynamics GP folder. the folder is located at C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\GP.
In a text editor open Duinstall.log file.
Get the bottom of the file where you can get recent information. 
Check the date and time when you have received the error message with the date and time in the Duinstall.log file. 
Verify the version detail for the failing sub-feature in the Duinstall.log. 
the version of that feature is correct version to update to GP. 
Karya Technologies provides Microsoft Dynamics Services(AX, NAV, GP, SL & CRM), Microsoft Sharepoint Services and Mobility Solutions.
Karya Technologies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karya Technologies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2013 at 12:28am
This problem occurs because a sub-feature process cannot be able to update to microsoft dynamics GP. To clear this issue open the Data subfolder in the Microsoft Dynamics GP folder. the folder is located at C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\GP.
In a text editor open Duinstall.log file.
Get the bottom of the file where you can get recent information. 
Check the date and time when you have received the error message with the date and time in the Duinstall.log file. 
Verify the version detail for the failing sub-feature in the Duinstall.log. 
the version of that feature is correct version to update to GP. 
Karya Technologies provides Microsoft Dynamics Services(AX, NAV, GP, SL & CRM), Microsoft Sharepoint Services and Mobility Solutions.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic