Microsoft Dynamics Forums Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) > GP - Installation and Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Error message

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aissam_k2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Error message
    Posted: September 22 2010 at 3:54pm
Hi,

when a start GP 9, i have this message:

The stored procedure verifyVersionInformation() of from du SQLInstall Pass Throgh SQL returned the following results:
DBMS:446, Microsoft Dynamics GP:0.

Please can someone help me to define what this message means.
thak you.
Sponsored Links

jeganeedhi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeganeedhi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2010 at 5:18am
Hi,

Solution from knowledge base..

CAUSE

This problem occurs because there is a database conflict that is caused by the SQL Server collation process. After the SQL Server collation process runs, the Microsoft Dynamics GP databases do not match the collated master database.

RESOLUTION

To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
1.Verify that each Microsoft Dynamics GP database uses the same collation (sort order) that the master database uses. To verify this condition, run the following script in SQL Query Analyzer, in SQL Server Management Studio, or in Support Administrator Console.
sp_helpdb
Note This script creates a list of the databases. This script also creates information about each database.
2.Expand the Status column.
3.In the Status column, locate the following lines:
Collation =
Sort Order =
4.Verify that the values for these parameters match the values for the same parameters for the master database.
Note The collations and sort orders that are supported in Microsoft Dynamics GP include the following values:
Collation=Latin1_General_BIN, SQLSortOrder=0
Collation=SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS, SQLSortOrder=52
If the Microsoft Dynamics GP databases have a different collation or a different sort order than the master database, follow these steps:
1. Reinstall SQL Server.
2. Configure the program to match the Collation value of the DYNAMICS databases and of the company databases. Additionally, configure the program to match the Sort Order value of the DYNAMICS databases and of the company databases.

aissam_k2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aissam_k2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2010 at 7:05am
Thank you for the help, but if i want to change the sqlSortOrder , in wich moment when i install the sql server can put this parameter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aissam_k2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2010 at 11:39am

thank you i have configure, the sql server and the my GP, but it gives me this message error:

validating Product Version Information
***Errors Detected***
Dynamics             Manufacturing
                          you are attempting to configure an older version of product 346. Database  
                          9.0.263        Code 9.0.114 

thank you

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeganeedhi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2010 at 1:28am
Hi,

In your SQl dynamics database execute the following query

select * from du000020 where prodid=346

then open your gp installation folder and find out DU346.Dic and right click and view the property of the dic. you can find the version detail of that dic. now compare this dic version and SQL sqerver version(from the above sql query). If it is mismatching then you remove manufaturing product from ur SET file and reinstall the correct version. Before doing anything in set file, take a backup..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aissam_k2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2010 at 10:08am
thank you The problem was resolved, now, when i selected my company the error message :
"a product installed on your computer is on a different version than the database version. you will not be able to use the application until this issue is resolved.use the GP_loginErrors.log file in your temps directory to assist in resolving this issue"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeganeedhi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2010 at 10:15am
Microsoft Dynamics GP will not let you log in unless all dictionaries that are installed on the workstation match the version and build information that is stored in the DU000020 table.

Are u doing client side installation?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aissam_k2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2010 at 10:18am
yes, i install client installation, so i must update my data base to new version or what.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeganeedhi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2010 at 10:21am
If I am not wrong ,Already server is working fine.

Main issue is ur server is updated by servicepack or some batches. So client - server version conflict is occuring.

you do one thing . Copy ur server GP installation folder  files and paste it in client machine. before doing this replacement take a back up client installation folder files.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeganeedhi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2010 at 10:26am
Please make sure that installation path(i.e C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics \GP) of server and client are same

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aissam_k2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2010 at 10:28am
SO, i'm doing this in the fisrt,for the same folder c:\programe files\Microsoft Dynamics\GP, i copy all my files into GP client folder:

my server run in win 2008 ent x32 SP2 with SQL2000 SP4.
 and my client is the same win server and GP 9 SP4, who i install now.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeganeedhi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2010 at 10:30am
Currently both path installation path is not same??

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aissam_k2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2010 at 10:53am
is the same path, i think that my hotfix sql 2000, who i can update, beacause i verify my sql 2000 version, i find that my version is 2039, so in microsoft web site they came to 2249, i try it and i respond you, thank you lot 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeganeedhi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2010 at 10:57am
 Anyway your only going to installing client. Already you r able to opening GP from your server. SO SQL version s not a pbm.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic