Microsoft Dynamics Job Openings

Microsoft Dynamics Forums Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Microsoft Dynamics SL (Solomon) > SL - Installation and Administration
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Silent Mode Installation Option in Dynamics SL 201
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Silent Mode Installation Option in Dynamics SL 201

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arifin_ts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Silent Mode Installation Option in Dynamics SL 201
    Posted: February 02 2012 at 6:10pm
Dear All,

I have a problem in Dynamics SL 2011 silent mode installation. I created a setup.iss file that almost works, but there's one dialogue that is not recorded well in *.iss file, so the installation asks for input on this dialogue. (the setup asks to choose the edition of MS Dynamics to install).

Do anyone have ever success in silent mode installation ?

Regards,
Afin
Thanks and Regards,
-== Afin Technosoft ==-
http://technosoft.co.id/
Sponsored Links

rapidcycler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rapidcycler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2012 at 6:02am
Hi,

I have just encountered the same issue as I have begun to develop a silent install. It appears that the licensing edition has been left out of the answer file parameters. Have you had any success with this? I am currently trying to find a solution, and if I find one I will post it here.

Thanks
rapidcycler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rapidcycler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2012 at 6:41am
Still no love on this answer file parameter? Anybody else have any luck?
arifin_ts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arifin_ts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2012 at 3:40am
Hi Rapidcycler,

I've requested a ticket to Microsoft support and please find their answer below.

I understand the reasoning behind wanting this feature for the SL installation.  I went and spoke directly to a developer who informed me that it is not programmatically possible.  The way they wrote the installer, it will not read in the .iss file.  If you use a standard, out of the box installer, it will be able to handle this.  He said that they only wrote the client installer and the service pack installer to run in silent mode.  The main installer that installs the full program files cannot handle reading in the .iss file.

I would suggest going to the following URL and entering an enhancement request:

Go to the following URL and locate the word “here” that is a hyperlink.  Click on that. 

https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/productfeedback/productsuggestion

This should take you to the partnersource suggestion site where you can enter this as a suggestion.  The neat thing about this site is that other partners can also come in and see your suggestion and vote on it.  A suggestion with a lot of feedback could very well make its way into the product.

Thanks and Regards,
-== Afin Technosoft ==-
http://technosoft.co.id/
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic