Microsoft Dynamics Job Openings

Microsoft Dynamics Forums Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Microsoft Dynamics RMS & Microsoft Dynamics POS > Retail Management System (RMS)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scientific Notation in Quantities - What's Up?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scientific Notation in Quantities - What's Up?
    Posted: May 01 2012 at 2:10pm

A data entry operator created and then received PO#9XXXXX9.  The PO is to cover items sold during a given time frame wherein the inventory is allowed to go negative, and then the PO receives the opposite of the negative number in order to end up with a new balance of zero.  Of the ten items on the PO, seven worked fine.   The other three ended up with “scientific notation” type quantities when displayed on the "Items(All)" window:

HWXXBS        HOG GROWER, LBS                         -7.105427357601E-15

HWXXXLBS          ROLLED CORN & BARLEY, LBS      +7.105427357601E-15

HWXXXXBS           WHEAT, LBS                                  -8.88178419700125E-16

When I look up these three items on the item edit window, each of the quantities is “0.” (zero followed by a dot).  All other items that are supposed to have zero quantity simply have a zero without the dot.  I have no idea what caused the condition, nor how to fix it. 

Any ideas or leads?  Thanks! 

Sponsored Links

Leke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2012 at 9:04am
In reply to my own posting, I have discovered that what I'm seeing is simply how the system returns decimal numbers with so many places to the right of the decimal that it can't display them all, so it uses scientific notation.  So, it's not really and RMS error.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic