Print Page | Close Window

2 Questions

Printed From: Microsoft Dynamics Forums
Category: Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains)
Forum Name: GP - Installation and Administration
Forum Discription: Installation, Upgrade, Service Pack, Security, Database, Administration, SQL Server, Login Issues, System Errors, Performance, EDI, Business Portal, and related topics
URL: http://www.MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=4417
Printed Date: April 07 2020 at 5:02am

Topic: 2 Questions
Posted By: kamanjati
Subject: 2 Questions
Date Posted: April 21 2010 at 4:13am
Good Morning,

1. I wanna know please what is clearly the difference between Navision, GP ET AX. I noticed that navision used in europe, GP AND AX IN NORTH OF Amercia !! What is wrong with that.
  2. I TRIED TO install Dynamics GP on my windows ( 7 or vista whatever) but the first message was : [you need to run Microsoft Dynamics GP utilities before you can run Microsoft Dynamics GP. Do you want to launch Micrsoft Dynamics GP utilities now. I have clicked yes but the list of server was empty !! what i have to do exaclty please to launch GP
TKS 

Replies:
Posted By: Rohtash Kapoor
Date Posted: April 21 2010 at 9:13am
#2.
Are you installing GP9/GP10? In GP10 during the installation it provides you the option to automatically create ODBC connection. The default name is "Dynamics GP".

If it is GP9 you can create manual ODBC and point to your SQL Server.

Also, if it is 64-bit OS, make sure 32 bit ODBC is created.

-------------

Posted By: kamanjati
Date Posted: April 21 2010 at 4:44pm
Thank you sear,

I am installing GP 9. Could you tell me please how to create manual ODBC and point it to my SQL server ( i do not have sql server; how do it ); i am beginner

Thank you once again

Posted By: Rohtash Kapoor
Date Posted: April 21 2010 at 7:14pm

GP data will be stored in SQL Server databases.

You need SQL Server.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window